Lauren Gabrielson Featured in Martha Stewart Weddings
The silk Dolman Dress is featured in page 286 in the spring/summer issue of Martha Stewart Weddings. Shown in the indigo and fuchsia color story. We are loving these two color combos together and the Dolman Dress makes the perfect casual chic bridesmaids dress! For more info contact Lauren@LaurenGabrielson.com or call 212-966-0767
Silk Charmeuse Slip Dress
I have taken a personal interest in the new spring collection having been here when designs and colors were being thrown around so I can not help but fall in love with it all knowing that you will too. Introducing printed sheers and new styles, there is everything you could possibly need for the spring season that is fast approaching. Don’t panic however, the introduction of the Spring line has easily blended with the previous classic silhouettes so it is all here. My personal favorite is the rendition of the beautiful slip dress. The new dress includes four ties at the lower back and one at the neck with a double layer silk charmeuse that will keep you feeling your best. As the weather gets warmer your wardrobe should get hotter, let us help you. We also plan to add more basic styles like a classic silk jersey t-shirt and the essential slip in various colors that will be a true staple in your wardrobe.
February 20th-March 19th
LOVE & ROMANCE
Retrogrades can also bring back people from our past, so don’t be surprised if someone you loved and lost comes a-knocking, especially in the second half of the month. Are you still carrying a torch for this person, or stewing in the hurt of a broken heart? Give yourself this time to mend and heal, but be mindful not to get caught in a self-righteous victim mentality. Blaming the other person for a relationship breakdown might make you feel better in the short-term (and you can no doubt find some girlfriends to go there with you, avec bottle o’ wine), but let’s face it: this tired approach keeps you stuck in a holding pattern. Try to get out of that right-versus-wrong mindset and focus on what you actually DO want. Feel the love you know can exist, instead of dwelling in the hurt. That’s how the moving on process begins.
Unromantic as this may sound, you may need to take the reins and do some of the planning this year. The sixth house also rules acts of selfless service, so maybe this is YOUR year to play Cupid for a friend or two. Set up two compatible people in your circle, and watch that amorous arrow come shooting back your way (hello, good karma!).
you might not be at your most high-energy or productive until later in the month. Instead of trying to keep up with your more industrious colleagues, let your imagination take charge, completely and thoroughly. While you may not be the best choice to crunch numbers or manage a spreadsheet right now, your creative right brain will be particularly active now. Make a vision board to stimulate your subconscious. When pesky situations arise, such as a coworker who demands to go on a meeting that he could botch, use your intuition and creativity to find solutions.
Pull out your satin eye mask, Buy that silk dress, because you are in the market for some rest. With the Sun in Aquarius, your twelfth house of closure, there’s a lot going on internally this month. Disco naps are back in vogue for you, and so is a light schedule, an early bedtime, and the nightly bubble bath. Right now, your own unique rhythms rule the roost. You may find that you wake up in the middle of the night with more energy, but are floating through the days in a dreamy haze. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if you miss out on the party of the year (if you’re not there, how could it be the party of the year, anyway?)
Caution: you’re extra sensitive, so do your due diligence and make sure that there are established parameters for any kind of therapeutic work you’re engaging in. The tendency to zero in on other people’s baggage is very high, and while you would make a great therapist yourself, focusing on the other will only distract you from your end goal of healing. At the end of the day, only YOU can heal yourself, Pisces. So instead of looking for a guru or an outsider to give you the answers, seek a trustworthy guide who empowers you to discover the answers yourself.
Inexpensive Date Ideas
Happy Valentine’s Day! There has been a ton of snow lately, but we hope you have a beau to keep you warm! Here are some fun and inexpensive date ideas for this special day:
1. Ice skating – What’s a better excuse to hold your boyfriend’s hand for a long period of time? There are cheap rinks around the city for around $30 including rentals.
2. Karaoke Night – Everyone needs to let loose once in awhile and singing your heart out is a great way to do it. Go to a bar with rooms for karaoke and let loose. Just be careful of all the drinks, they can really rack up quite a tab!
3. Night in with Rom-Coms – It’s not secret that girls like romance movies. If you say you don’t, you’re probably lying, or haven’t seen some great ones yet. Spend the night in with your man, either watching cheesy rom-coms and making fun of them or watching great romance classics like Gone with the Wind or Casablanca. Then you should probably treat your man by watching some movies he wants..
4. Game Night – Bust out some board games and have some fun! There’s nothing more relaxing than good old board games. Just try not to get too competitive!
Valentine Gift Ideas for Your Beau
Valentines Day is just around the corner (a week away) and you ladies may be stressing on what to get your man! Believe it or not, men may be harder to shop for than women. We’ll either get the non-chalant ones who say, “Just get me anything” or the super picky ones. If you have a picky man, then lucky you, he knows exactly what he wants. If you have an indifferent man, fear not, we’re here to help you! Here are some useful gifts he can appreciate:
1. Swiss Army Knife – I’m an avid believer of owning at least one Swiss Army Knife. This handy little gadget holds at least a corkscrew, knives, bottle opener, and scissors. I’ve seen some other even more complicated ones. This is a good thing for everyone to have in their bags for those ‘just in case’ scenarios.
2. Noise Canceling Headphones – No matter what his taste in music, he will surely enjoy these. People don’t like hearing outside conversations, car honks, and general noises when trying to enjoy their music. These headphones will be appreciated and he’ll thank you forever – if he ever takes them off, that is.
3. Mini Projector – With this day and age of downloading movies, who really goes to theaters anymore? However, watching movies on your laptop might not be as satisfying as watching it on a gigantic IMAX screen. This mini-projector can be easily plugged into a laptop or other device and play your movies on any wall in your home. What’s better than kicking back with your partner and feeling like you’re at the movies alone?
Whatever gift you decide to buy (or not), just make sure to have fun and show him how much he’s appreciated!
Fall 2014 Fashion Week
It’s that time of year again! The Fall/Winter 2014 Fashion Week starts this Thursday, February 6th, 2014. One of the biggest Fashion Week series is the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. It’s an ultra exclusive show featuring international designers showcasing their new collections. In order to attend, you will have to register or be invited. Obviously, getting an invitation would be the most hassle-free way to get in, but not all of us are blessed with luck and fame. For those that want to register, there’s a registration fee and it won’t even guarantee acceptance. This year, designers such as: Rebecca Minkoff, Herve Leger by Max Azria, DKNY, Diane Von Furstenberg, Tommy Hilfiger, Zac Posen, Tory Burch, and Nanette Lepore will be showcasing in New York. NY Fashion Week is also a good chance to get the first look at up-and-coming models. Pay attention on the runway, the girl you’re looking at might just be the next Cara Delevigne!
Super Bowl XLVIII
Who’s ready for the Super Bowl? Football fans know that the big game is taking place on Sunday and are preparing for it. Even if you aren’t a diehard sports fan, here are some small ways to celebrate with us!
1. Super Bowl Boulevard – Join us in NYC Times Square to play some games and get autographs. A good chunk of Broadway is dedicated to the Super Bowl this year, along with an exhibit in Macy’s in Herald Square.
2. Team memorabilia – Show some Bronco/Seahawk spirit with baseball caps, shot glasses, or jerseys!
3. Game Food – Last and certainly easiest, go eat some traditional Super Bowl snacks! Feast on some buffalo wings, chips and dip, and beer. Heck, you can even make a drinking game with the times Peyton Manning yells, “Omaha!” (but we don’t recommend it).
Most importantly, HAVE FUN! Even if you aren’t a sports fan, enjoy the atmosphere and the high spirits of the fans around you. If football really bores you, at least stay tuned for halftime with Bruno Mars.
Brocade Cocktail Dress
The Suzzanne Dress now comes in even more variety of colors and designs! This new design features silver and blue brocade in a floral pattern. It’s perfect for your next cocktail party and the cool-toned colors match perfectly with the wintry weather. To order, visit our website or stop by the store at 278 Mott Street.
Friday Movie Picks
TGIF; who’s excited for the weekend?! A favorite pastime is going to the movies, whether it be alone, with a date, or with great friends. It may not be time for summer blockbusters yet, but there are still some great films out in theaters right now. Our top 4 picks for this weekend are:
1. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Walter Mitty works at Life magazine and copes with his boring life by daydreaming. In his daydreams, he is a hero that embarks on epic adventures and always gets the girl. Mitty gets the chance of a lifetime to go on a real-life adventure for his company and the chance to make his dreams a reality.
I think Disney has proven countlessly that they can do no wrong. Frozen is about a girl, Anna, trying to find her sister who has used her powers to trap the kingdom in an eternal winter. Friendships are formed along the way and hilarity ensues on their trip.
3. American Hustle
Chock full of big-name stars like Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, and Jennifer Lawrence, this film centers around a con-man and his very elaborate con. American Hustle takes place in 1978, so the dresses and costumes are gorgeous and nostalgic. It’s worth it alone to watch Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence again; their chemistry is amazing and they’ve been signed on to film yet another movie together.
4. August: Osage County
This centers around the lives of the Weston women who are all strong-willed and opinionated. This dysfunctional family comes together during a family crisis and stars Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts.
Happy Friday, from the LG team to you!